As IBPS RRB Office Assistant Prelims exam 2019 is approaching soon, you should plan your last-minute preparation effectively. With the increasing competition for the exam, the difficulty level of the IBPS RRB exam tend to increase, so the important last-minute tips will help you in fetching good marks in IBPS RRB exam 2019.
No matter how much hard work you have put in the preparation of the exam throughout the year, but if you lose your track in the end, it will all amount to nil. Thus, make a note of the essential last-minute tips to attempt the IBPS RRB Office Assistant Prelims exam 2019 in an efficient way and to score better in the exam.
Last-Minute Tips for IBPS RRB 2019
Institute of Banking Personnel Selection (IBPS) conducts recruitment exam every year for RRB Office Assistant posts. The selection of the IBPS RRB will be based on three stages, which are the Prelims Test, Mains Test and Interview round.
This year, the Prelims exam of IBPS RRB Office Assistant is scheduled to be conducted on 17th August, 18th August and 25th August 2019 in various shifts. Further, IBPS RRB Office Assistant 2019 Admit Card can be downloaded from the official website of the IBPS.
Check out the important last-minute tips for IBPS RRB Prelims Exam 2019 to score well in the exam. These essential tips are as follows:
- A thorough look at the exam pattern- It is important to know the exam pattern of the exam to prepare effectively for the same. It is advised to keep in mind the number of questions asked in the exam and the marks distribution of the subjects. Remember, you need to secure minimum cutoff in each of the sections as well as the overall cutoff to clear the Exam. Take a look at the exam pattern of IBPS RRB Prelims below:
|Test Name||Exam Medium||Number of Questions||Maximum Marks||Total Duration|
|Reasoning Ability||English/ Hindi||40||50||Composite time of 2 hours|
|Numerical Ability||English/ Hindi||40||50|
|General Awareness||English/ Hindi||40||40|
|Computer Knowledge||English/ Hindi||40||20|
Note: No sectional timing in IBPS RRB Office Assistant Exam and negative marking of 0.25 for every incorrect answer.
- Check last year cutoff- Having proper knowledge of the last year cutoff of the IBPS RRB exam is essential for the students. This gives you a rough idea about the number of questions; you should attempt to clear the IBPS RRB Office Assistant Prelims 2019 cut-off. Check the sectional and overall cut-off for the same and then prepare accordingly.
- Attempt and analyse- A few days before the exam; it is important to focus more on the revision by attempting mock tests and previous year question papers. After solving the question papers, it is also important to analyse the papers. Understand your weaknesses and work on that. Moreover, this solving part of the questions helps you in knowing the difficulty level of the question paper and also help you in keeping track of your overall performance.
- Plan before attempting the exam- It is very important for the candidates to have proper planning in mind before appearing for the IBPS RRB exam. You must be well-versed with the strong and weak topics of the exam and start the exam with strong topics. There is no sectional timing in IBPS RRB exam, so plan your timings, which you want to allot to each section.
For example, as General Awareness and Computer Knowledge are easy to attempt sections, so you can devote a maximum of 15 minutes to these sections. For Languages( Hindi/English), do not devote more than 25 minutes. Lastly, for Quant and Reasoning section, keep at least 30-40 minutes as these sections are time-consuming. Also, try to leave 5-10 minutes for quick revision of the paper.
- Speed and accuracy- You should not increase the number of attempts in the paper by compromising on the accuracy. Remember, there is a negative marking in the exam and accuracy plays a key role in the selection of the IBPS RRB exam. Do not involve in any kind of guesswork. Leave the question, if you are not sure about that. Thus, try to attempt a good number of questions with the utmost accuracy.
Section-Wise Last Minute Tips
General Awareness– This section is divided into three parts, Current Affairs (15-20 questions), Banking Awareness (10-15 questions) and Static General Awareness (5-10 questions). For this section, go through with the last six-month current affairs and do not apply guesswork.
Computer Awareness– The important and scoring topics in this section are Computer Hardware, Computer Software, History of Computers, Computer Security/Viruses.
Reasoning Ability– Scoring topics for this section are- Blood Relation, Direction & Alphanumeric Series, Inequality, Coding-Decoding, Syllogism. Read questions completely and carefully and apply logic and thinking ability to solve the questions.
Numerical Ability– Simplification, Approximation, DI, Number Series are the scoring topics of the section. Be thorough with the basic concepts of Average, Ratio, Profit-Loss and Percentage. Try to have a faster calculation speed for solving questions quickly and smoothly.
English/Hindi Language– In both the languages section, Spotting Errors, Cloze Test, Sentence Correction, Fill in the Blanks are the scoring topics. Revise grammar rules and adopt the elimination technique to answer the question if not able to get the exact answer.
Last important thing to keep in mind is to carry all the essential documents with you on the day of the examination.
Remember, there is no necessity to solve all the questions of the exam, so if you are stuck with a particular question, leave that and move ahead. Start your exam with simple and easy questions to fetch more marks and to boost your confidence for the exam.
For more information or query related to last-minute tips for IBPS RRB Office Assistant Prelims exam 2019, drop your query in the comment section below.